My Pilates-based workouts are designed for women, to move your whole body to develop mobility, strength and flexibility.
We can modify workouts to suit your body and health now: your injuries, abilities and limitations.
With each workout you will move your body a little more, a little further, regaining the mobility and flexibility that we inevitably lose – thanks to our culture of NOT moving around enough!
We focus on correctly re-engaging core muscles, checking for and addressing any gap or diastasis recti.
Every move we do has purpose. You will feel and see results almost immediately.
The time will fly by and you might just not think about your to-do list for a few minutes – that’s a great result in itself!
My workouts are based on my STOTT Pilates training and my own study of experts such as Katy Bowman, Sarah Duvall (Postpartum Corrective Exercise Specialist) and many others.
What is Pilates?
Pilates is “a mind-body exercise system designed to optimise physical fitness in people at every level of physical ability.” (STOTT)
I am a certified STOTT Pilates Advanced Mat instructor. Pilates benefits include:
- Builds core strength and stability
- Improves posture and alignment
- Increases flexibility, balance and coordination
- Improves muscular balance and strength
- Increases muscular endurance and tone
- Prevents injury and heightens body awareness
- Enhances athletic performance
- Relieves stress and back pain